Use of Ozone Generator Technology in
The USDA and FDA has recognised & approved Ozone Generator
Technology as an antimicrobial agent for use in food
processing. Ozone is use to disinfect stored food for
unprecedented pathogen destruction. Because ozone is a safe,
powerful disinfectant, it can be used to control biological
growth of unwanted organisms in products and equipment used
in the food processing industries. Ozone Generator
Technology is particularly suited to the food industry
because of its ability to disinfect microorganisms without
adding chemical by-products to the food being treated, or to
the food processing water or atmosphere in which food are
Advantages of Ozone Generator Technology
• Ozone is the most powerful oxidizer available
• Ozone is environmentally friendly
• No chemical storage is required as it is produced on site.
• Ozone is 3000 times more germicidal than chlorine.
• Ozone instant pathogen destruction.
• No harmful chemical residual
• Ozone is a Green Technology.
Benefits of Ozone Generator Technology in Food Processing
• Higher levels of ozone can be used before altering the
taste or appearance of the produce.
• Better Product Quality: Ozone improves taste and
appearance over the use of chlorination alone.
• Longer Shelf Life: Ozone lowers counts of spoilage
microorganisms in wash water and on produce surface:
• Less Water usage: Ozone keeps wash water cleaner longer.
• An ozone treatment is capable of destroying pesticides and
chemical residues in wash water and on produce.
• No Chlorinated by-product: Eliminate chlorine from a
process: Implementing ozone reduces the risk of
cross-contamination of pathogens.
• Ozone leaves no chemical residue:
• An Ozone system mitigates the need for storage, handling,
use, and disposal of chemical sanitation agents.
• Reduced Wastewater Disposal: In some situations, ozone
reduces contamination in discharge water.
• Ozone Generator Technology is natural and chemical free
allowing the use of ozone in organic food production and
• Ozone Generators can be effectively used as food
processing indoor air treatment solution.