Indoor Air Treatment Solutions
We provide customized air treatment solutions for improvising Indoor air quality & also achieving energy efficiency. We have successfully implement disinfection treatment solution for Hotels, Hospitals, Office Buildings IT Parks, Banks, Schools, Commercial Buildings, Malls, Exhibition Centers, Multiplexes, Industries. Addressing issues like Indoor Air Quality, Odour, Allergy, Smoke, Dusk, Cross Infection, etc.
“How Green is your Indoor Air?”
Airborne Diseases are 2 to 10 times higher in Indoor air then outdoor air. Indoor Air Quality is an important determinant of population health and well being. Because people spend most of their time in indoor spaces then out door. Results of numerous studies have demonstrated that Building Related Symptoms (BRS) can adversely affect productivity and occupant well being.
We have successfully engineered strong oxidizing & disinfecting properties of OZONE for Indoor air treatment.
Ozone Generator is effectively used for Indoor Air Treatment Solution
ENIVRONMENT BENEFITS OF OZONE GENERATOR SYSTEM:
Chemtronics OZONE GENERATOR SYSTEM ACHIEVES:
• Dramatic reduction in buildup of VOC’s.
• Dramatic Reduction in Odours.
• Depletion of Microbial Colonies (Fungi) in Ducts and AHU cooling coils. Eliminates duct cleaning.
• Oxidize air borne bacteria.
• Address Cross Infections.
• Keeps the Indoor Air pure & healthy.
ECONOMIC BENEFITS OF OZONE GENERATOR SYSTEM:
Reduction in Capital Cost
Reduction in fresh air intake will reduce the overall HVAC plant capacity sizes:
1. Chiller, Cooling Tower.
2. Condenser water and chilled water pumps.
3. Pipe sizes and Insulation.
4. Electric / Stream Duct heaters.
5. Electrical Panel & Cables.
6. Stand by diesel generator.
7. Plant room space.
Reduction in Operating Cost
Reduction in fresh air intake will reduce the Cooling load.
Reduction in HVAC capacity will result in the following:
1) Reduction in Energy consumption to run HVAC System
2) Reduction in Water consumption to run HVAC System
3) Cost of Maintenance (Labour and Material)
Research indicates that improvement in Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) :
• Increases productivity by 5-10 % & more.
• Reduces asthma by 8% - 25%.
• Reduces other respiratory illnesses by 23 % - 76 %.
Green Building Projects
Indoor Air Quality is an important parameter for Green Building Projects and we use ozone generator technology as the Indoor Air Treatment Solutions for Green Solutions.
Sustainable Building Solutions
Ozone Generator used in the HVAC Systems will result in energy efficiency which is a Sustainable Building Solutions.
Indoor Air Treatment Solutions
Indoor Air Environment contains a variety of visible & invisible contaminants. Due to increasing use of synthetic building materials, the quality of indoor air diminishes resulting in Building-Related Symptoms (BRS).
Such as: Headache, Eye Irritation, Nose & Throat Irritation, Allergy & General Fatigue, etc.
Major Impurities in Indoor Air:
Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) in Indoor Air
In Indoor environment Toxic Gases are emitted from wide variety of sources:
• Building Materials,
• Cleaners, Plastics,
• Wood Products,
• Paints, Carpets,
• Polishers, Deodorants, etc… know as Volatile Organic Compound (VOC)
It adversely affect to:
• Eye & Nasal irritation,
• Affect respiratory tracts….
Carbon –Dioxide (CO2) in Indoor Air
Indoor environment human being Exhale Carbon–di-oxide. It cannot be reduced or oxidized.
It is not a toxic or carcinogen but a high level of CO2, causes:
• Headaches, Restlessness,
• Difficulty Breathing, Sweating,
• Tiredness, Increased Heart Rate,
• Elevated Blood Pressure,etc…
Hence, Oxygen is used to reduce the carbon – di – oxide level.
Odour in Indoor Air
Odour is a major Irritants & it is cause from various sources:
• Food Odour
• Body Odour
• Mold, Fungi & Microbes
• Cleaning Chemical Odour, etc
This is a residual odor & difficult to dilute from conventional method.
These are collectively known as “SICK BUILDING SYNDROME”
To address Sick Building Syndrome (SBS)
The HVAC – Air Handling Unit (AHU) system take “Outdoor Air” to dilute Volatile Organic Compound (VOC), Odor and reduce Carbon dioxide (CO2) within acceptable limits.
Conventionally Fresh Air is used to improve:
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
• Fresh air is not cheap!
• Hot and humid air needs to be cooled down to room temperature.
Load profile of fresh air
• 60% to cool moisture … wasted energy
• 28% to cool nitrogen …..wasted energy
• 12% to cool oxygen …..the only useful component in fresh air
Hidden Cost of Fresh Air taken by Air Handling Unit (AHU):
Energy Consumed by Fresh Air
Energy Consumed by AHU to take fresh Air.
• 150 CFM of Fresh Air will require 1ton of cooling load. ( Approximately)
This will consume:
• 1 Kw energy for a water cool system or
• 1.3 kw of energy for an air cool system.
Chemtronics’ Solutions to minimize
• “Fresh Air Intake”
|How to reduce “Fresh Air” in the process of achieving Indoor Air Quality:
• By using controlled injection of ozone.
• Oxidation of VOC is performed by ozone and not by oxygen of the fresh air.
• Ozone is more powerful oxidizing agent than oxygen.
• In the presence of a more powerful oxidant, less powerful oxidant does not have the chance to perform oxidation, until no more of the former is available.
• Oxygen of the fresh air is preserved and not spent in performing the task of oxidizing the VOC, which is now transferred to ozone.
• Available oxygen is now used entirely to maintain CO2.
• Intake of fresh air is reduced drastically. Thus fresh air requirement goes down to 5CFM or less per person.
ASHRAE Standards for Indoor Air Quality
• ASHRAE Ventilation code no. 62-1999.
• Minimum 15 CFM per person fresh air is required.
• Minimum of 30 CFM fresh air is required if smoking is permitted.
Ozone Generator Technology to improve Indoor Air Quality ( IAQ)
• Ozone is tri atomic Oxygen.
• Ozone is a very strong disinfectant & oxidant. Any pathogen or contaminant that can be disinfected altered or removed via an oxidation process, will be affected by ozone.
• Ozone is the strongest of all molecules available for disinfection.
Approved Safe Ozone levels Standard: ( Indoor Air Quality)
Maximum Permissible Concentration in Occupied space:
ASHRAE : 0.05PPM (50PPB)
OSHA : 0.1 PPM (100PPB)
Exposure of 8hrs/day, 5 days a week
FDA : 0.05 PPM (50PPB)
Continuous exposure 24hrs/day 365 days a year if Ozone concentration exceeds, it becomes a toxic gas.
Chemtronics’ Ozone Generator Advantage:
• Ozone is produced using medical grade oxygen.
• The ozone produced is pure ozone.
• There is no nitrogen oxides are present ( As in case of Duct Mounted ozone generator).
• The concentration of ozone is low and well within permissible limit(0.1ppm)
Safety Measures of Ozone Generator
• Ozone sensors, VOC sensors & Timers are used to monitor air quality.
• Machines are interlocked with AHU to provide safety operations.
• Special Di-Electric with coating and air cooling ensure long life to electrode.