Hospitals Airborne Infection
“It often said that Hospitals are not the best place to be if you are ill”. As predominant airborne infection, aerobic bacteria, fungi and potential pathogenic organisms prevalent in the hospital environment. Often these germs and bacteria are bought into hospitals by the patients. So, no matter how careful a facility is about disinfecting surfaces, new germs and bacteria are introduced on a daily basis, often evolving beyond the effectiveness of current antibiotics
Source of Indoor Air Contaminants in Hospital
▪ The Surgical Team.
▪ To reduce/eliminate the microbial contaminants.
▪ Maintain very good Indoor Air Quality (IAQ).
▪ Safety of Patient & Surgical Team.
Sterilization Application of Ozone Generator in Hospitals
• Operation Theater Sterilization.
• Operation Theater Fumigation.
• Disinfection for entire Hospital through AHU Ozonation.
• Disinfection for ICU & ICCU.
• Disinfection for Doctor’s Rooms.
• Cold Storages & Morgue.
• Disinfection of medicine & equipment sores.
Advantages of Ozone Sterilization in Hospitals
▪ Ozone is a very powerful oxidant, sterilizes spaces very fast.
▪ Advance technology for fumigation.
▪ Ideal for OT, ICU, research centers, labs, Pharma, bio-medical
▪ Ozone is generated at site & can be on line.
▪ Ozone is generated from ambient air, using electricity.
▪ After treatment residual Ozone is transformed into harmless
▪ No toxic or harmful by product generation.
▪ Easy to retrofit in existing & new installations.
▪ User friendly.
Advantages of Ozone
used for Air Infection Control in Hospitals
• Ozone is a very powerful oxidant,
sterilizes spaces very fast.
• Advance technology for fumigation.
• Ideal for OT, ICU, research centers, labs, Pharma, bio-medical
• Ozone is generated at site & can be on line.
• Ozone is generated from ambient air, using electricity.
• After treatment residual Ozone is transformed into harmless
• No toxic or harmful by product generation.
• Easy to retrofit in existing & new installations.
• User friendly.
How Ozone can reduce
Electricity Consumption & achieve Energy Efficiency in
AHU system takes “Outdoor/Fresh Air” to
dilute Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) and reduce Carbon dioxide
(CO2) within acceptable limits. Conventionally Fresh Air is used
to improve Indoor Air Quality (IAQ).
Load profile of fresh air
» 60% to cool moisture … wasted energy
» 28% to cool nitrogen …..wasted energy
» 12% to cool oxygen …..the only useful component in fresh air
Solution to reduce the “ Fresh Air Intake”:
» By using controlled injection of ozone.
» Oxidation of VOC is performed by ozone and not by oxygen of
the fresh air.
» Ozone is more powerful oxidizing agent than oxygen.
» In the presence of a more powerful oxidant, less powerful
oxidant does not have the chance to perform oxidation, until no
more of the former is available.
» Oxygen of the fresh air is preserved and not spent in
performing the task of oxidizing the VOC, which is now
transferred to ozone.
» Available oxygen is now used entirely to maintain CO2.
» Intake of fresh air is reduced drastically. Thus fresh air
requirement goes down to 5CFM or less per person.