It is very effective to apply ozone to food service industry; there are many successful applications Disinfection and sterilization to workshop of food processing and packaging there is higher sanitation requirement for processing workshop and packaging workshop of cold drinks foodstuff, fast-frozen food, meat products, milk products and egg products. It can get good result with using ozone to disinfect workshop of food processing and packaging
Benefits Of Ozone:-
• Extends the shelf life of food products.
• Is much safer for employees than any conventional chemicals.
• Eliminates all chemical usage and is chemical-free, without the chemical by-products of chlorination.
• Eliminates the use of hot water and conventional sanitizer.
• Washing of fish with ozonated water extended shelf life for 5 days.
• Gaseous ozone was used as a preservation agent in meat and egg storage.
• Disinfection and Preservation of Fruits and Vegetables’
• Ozone is effective killing microorganisms through oxidation of their cell membranes and most of the pathogenic, food borne microbes is susceptible to this oxidizing effect.
• The use of ozone does not leave any toxic by-products or residues, does not affect healthy cells or alter the food's chemistry, and is non-carcinogenic.
Ozone & Aquaculture Fish Farming
Ozone Generators are extensively used for indoor air treatment in the fish farming processing industry because of its effectiveness in killing viruses and bacteria oxidizes organic matter such as fish excrement.
Application of ozone
• Introduction of ozone in catfish processing and other seafood processes.
• Ozonation of fish in transport & holding tanks.
• Ozonation to improve Air quality of freezers and storage rooms.
• Ozonation to improve processing and waste treatment facility.
• Ozone in sales facilities - odors in sales facilities and stores can be a great problem in both large stores and individual fish houses with ice fish. Ozone properly handled can help alleviate this problem.
Ozone in Meat Processing Industry
Large scale meatpacking industries apply technology of ozone disinfection and sterilization at three aspects:
1. Disinfection and sterilization to air in intersected workshop
2. Disinfection and sterilization to air in cooked food workshop
3.Disinfection and sterilization to cooling water in cooked food and meat products
Cooked meat products made by this industries needs cooled down by water, cooling water must be germfree water, which water must be disinfected and sterilized with non-pollution method, therefore, ozone disinfection and sterilization is the best choice for them.
Bird Eggs and Hatchery Industry
The introduction of large amount of airborne fluff and dust generated during the hatching process. In hatching cabinets are one of the great sources for bacteria and viruses. Efforts to reduce airborne transmission of disease causing organisms in the Hatcher have included air sanitation with air ozonation for
• Dust Reduction
• Reduction of air borne bacteria
• Disinfection and sterilization of air
There is good application of ozone disinfection and sterilization in bird’s eggs and hatching industry.
1. Use of Ozone to disinfect breeding egg storage room to prevent the breeding egg from breeding mildew.
2. Rinse breeding egg with K2MnO4 water and place them in hatching box, disinfect them with ozone generator, and heat hatching with electricity power, to improve survival rate, prevent infection of pathogen. After using ozone disinfection,
Ozone in Agriculture Industry
A large-scale of agricultural industries specializing in producing feed for aquatic product in order to research the function of feed, the company built a large-scale aquiculture farm. During the process of cultivating fry, they apply ozone technology to carry out filtration with ozone disinfection, removing ammonia nitrogen and virus for cultivating water of fry. One set of ozone generator is applied to treat with the water, obtain good effect.
Chemical Plant produces chemicals. The presence of microorganism, bacteria and viruses affects product quality. Use of Ozone has been made to disinfect and sterilize the particular area.
Application of ozone
Odor Removal: To prepare homes for open houses, to deodorize automobiles for resale, to rid off gassing (from new construction or remodeling, new furniture or carpets, paint, dry cleaned clothes, etc.), animal or cooking odors, chemical odors, etc.
Chemicals and Gases: To eliminate the chemical fumes and odors from printing and painting companies, chemical cleaners and solvents, dry cleaners, builders, construction, carpet laying or other businesses that deal in products that off gas VOCs and other chemicals.