Source of Indoor Air Contaminants in Nursing Homes/Healthcare
• The Surgical Team.
Concern Area in Nursing Homes
• To reduce/eliminate the microbial contaminants.
• Maintain very good Indoor Air Quality (IAQ).
• Safety of Patient & Surgical Team.
Ozone Applications for Nursing Homes / Hospitals / Healthcare
• Operation Theater Sterilization.
• Operation Theater Fumigation.
• Disinfection for entire Hospital through AHU Ozonation.
• Disinfection for ICU & ICCU.
• Disinfection for Doctor’s Rooms.
• Cold Storages & Morgue.
• Disinfection of medicine & equipment sores.
Advantages of Ozone Technology in Nursing Homes / Hospitals / Healthcare
• Ozone is a very powerful oxidant, sterilizes spaces very fast.
• Advance technology for fumigation.
• Ideal for OT, ICU, research centers, labs, Pharma, bio-medical
• Ozone is generated at site & can be on line.
• Ozone is generated from ambient air, using electricity.
• After treatment residual Ozone is transformed into harmless
• No toxic or harmful by product generation.
• Easy to retrofit in existing & new installations.
• User friendly.
How Ozone can reduce Electricity Consumption & achieve Energy Efficiency in Nursing Homes / Healthcare / Hospitals:
AHU system takes “Outdoor/Fresh Air” to
dilute Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) and reduce Carbon dioxide
(CO2) within acceptable limits. Conventionally Fresh Air is used
to improve Indoor Air Quality (IAQ).
But, Fresh air is not cheap!
Hot and humid air needs to be cooled down to room temperature.
Load profile of fresh air
» 60% to cool moisture … wasted energy
» 28% to cool nitrogen …..wasted energy
» 12% to cool oxygen …..the only useful component in fresh air
Solution to reduce the “ Fresh Air Intake”:
» By using controlled injection of ozone.
» Oxidation of VOC is performed by ozone and not by oxygen of
the fresh air.
» Ozone is more powerful oxidizing agent than oxygen.
» In the presence of a more powerful oxidant, less powerful
oxidant does not have the chance to perform oxidation, until no
more of the former is available.
» Oxygen of the fresh air is preserved and not spent in
performing the task of oxidizing the VOC, which is now
transferred to ozone.
» Available oxygen is now used entirely to maintain CO2.
» Intake of fresh air is reduced drastically. Thus fresh air
requirement goes down to 5CFM or less per person.